Portugal vs Hungary – Portugal will be hosting Hungary in a Group B 2018 World Cup qualifying match at Estadio da Luz in Lisbon this Saturday, March 25th. Group B is currently led by Switzerland with 12 points followed by Portugal with nine, Hungary with seven, the Faroe Islands with four, Latvia with three and Andorra with none.
Portugal vs Hungary – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Portugal as the favorites to win the game at 2/7 with Hungary 10/1 and a draw at 4/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Portugal vs Hungary – Head to Head:
- The two nations have met just 11 times in the past with Hungary yet to win a game. Portugal has won seven and drawn the other four. They last met in June of 2016 in the 2016 European Championships in France and played to an entertaining 3-3 draw. Prior to that, Portugal had won four games in a row.
Portugal – A Closer Look:
Portugal enters the game with five wins and a loss in their past six matches, including three wins in a row, and is currently ranked number eight in the world by FIFA. They sit in second place in Group B with three wins and a loss while scoring 16 goals and allowing three against. They lost 2-0 in Switzerland in their opening qualifier, beat Andorra 6-0 at home in their second and then downed the Faroe Islands 6-0 away and beat Latvia 4-1 at home.
Portugal has outscored the opposition 10-1 in their two home qualifying matches with skipper Cristiano Ronaldo scoring five of those goals. Ronaldo, who plays for Spanish giants Real Madrid, has now scored seven goals for Portugal in the current World Cup qualifying campaign. He’ll obviously be the key man for the home side in this contest.
Hungary – A Closer Look:
Hungary enters the game with two wins, three losses and a draw in their past six games and is currently ranked number 27 in the world by FIFA. They sit in third place in Group B with two wins a loss and a draw with eight goals for and three against. Hungary could only manage a 0-0 draw in the Faroe Islands in their first qualifier and was then edged 3-2 at home by Switzerland.
Hungary then got on track with a 2-0 victory in Latvia and a 4-0 home win over Andorra in their past two outings. Hungary has been outscored 9-0 in their past three visits to Portugal, but Adam Szalai has scored four goals in Hungary’s last three matches overall. Portugal’s job will be to try and keep Szalai off the score sheet without sacrificing any of their offense and creativity at the same time.
Portugal vs Hungary – Takeaway:
This is a must match for both teams if they hope to catch and then eventually pass first-place Switzerland for an automatic berth at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
- Our review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.