Well, a lot of people were saying a lot of things during the early part of the season, as the Washington Redskins struggled through two straight defeats. Whether they were a fluke, or not a team that was particularly worthy of winning the NFC East last season, there was enough criticism to go around. Thankfully for them, none of it involves Robert Griffin III, the former quarterback who cast a shadow over this team last season but was let go, and, only to be picked up by the Cleveland Browns. But now Washington has come back with four straight wins, and so they come into the Motor City with a head of steam as they meet up with the Detroit Lions at 1 PM ET on Sunday. The action from Ford Field will be televised live regionally by Fox Network, and while VietBet patrons are watching that, they can place wagers in real time against dynamic odds, courtesy of the state-of-the-art software available through Live Betting Ultra.
Redskins vs Lions – NFL Betting Line:
In the odds that have been posted on this game by the people at VietBet, the Lions are favored at home, but only by a small number:
Detroit Lions -1.5
Washington Redskins +1.5
Over 50 points -110
Under 50 points -110
Join Vietbet NOW for online Redskins vs Lions Odds! Enter promo code VIET35 good for a 35% Welcome Bonus up to $1,000.
Redskins vs Lions – Betting Trends:
- Season record: 4-2 SU, 4-2 ATS
- Current Streak: won 4 straight games
- The total has gone OVER in 10 of Washington’s last 11 games
- The Redskins are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games on the road
- The Redskins are 6-18 SU in their last 24 games on the road
- The Redskins are 5-0 SU in their last 5 games on the road
- The Redskins are 16-5 SU in their last 21 games when playing Detroit
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Washington’s last 8 games when playing Detroit
- The Redskins are 2-4 SU in their last 6 games when playing on the road against Detroit
- The Redskins are 2-4-1 ATS in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Detroit
- Season record: 3-3 SU, 3-3 ATS
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Detroit’s last 6 games
- The Lions are 6-3 SU in their last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Detroit’s last 6 games at home
- The Lions are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Detroit’s last 8 games when playing Washington
- The Lions are 5-16 SU in their last 21 games when playing Washington
- The Lions are 4-2 SU in their last 6 games when playing at home against Washington
Redskins vs Lions – CJ’s Take:
You can’t say enough about the performance of the Redskins last week against the Philadelphia Eagles, as they held Doug Pederson’s team without an offensive touchdown. Okay, they were playing a rookie quarterback in that one (Carson Wentz), but what about what they did to the defensive unit steered by acclaimed coordinator Jim Schwartz? Washington, which had no better than an inconsistent ground game coming in, got 135 yards out of Matt Jones and 230 yards on the ground overall, making them look like nothing less than a juggernaut.
The Lions are a team that has been riding the right arm of Matthew Stafford, and it may remain that way for a while. Stafford is a bit of a fantasy darling, ranking among the most accurate NFL passers at 69%, with 1648 yards. Detroit had its hands full last weekend at home, but made it out of there with a 31-28 victory over the Los Angeles Rams. Talk about inconsistent rushing attacks – the Lions are still looking for a real ground game to surface.
Without second-year running back Ameer Abdullah, Detroit struggles to move the football on the ground. They are trying a number of different possibilities, including the newly-signed Justin Forsett, who was a 1000-yard runner at Baltimore before being let go. The unknown Zach Zenner was their leading rusher last week, with 58 yards. The second-year man out of South Dakota State will continue to get playing time, we imagine. But for all intents and purposes, it is going to be Stafford try to get the ball downfield to the likes of Golden Tate and Marvin Jones.
It is always a benefit if you have balance, and that is something the Redskins could put in their favor as they move forward in their pursuit of the NFC East title. But remember that this team, under Jay Gruden, runs the West Coast offense, and as VietBet customers know, that depends on short passing and a lot of accuracy. In that regard, Detroit secondary might be tailor-made for Washington’s way of doing business. The Lions have allowed 73.7% completions this season, which is the worst figure in the NFL. Last week they made Case Keenum look like Joe Montana out there, as he went 27-32 and almost directed the Rams to a road victory. When it gets down to the red zone, Detroit has also not exactly put up a lot of resistance; in fact, they have permitted opponents to score touchdowns 80% of the time, and that puts them at the bottom of the NFL as well.
Washington, interestingly enough, is the team that has been really trending “over,” doing that in 10 of their last 11 games. This might be one of those contests that sets itself up as a “shootout” of sorts.
Next up for both teams:
- Washington at Cincinnati Sunday, October 30th
- Detroit at Houston Sunday, October 30th
By Charles Jay
Turn to VietBet if you are looking for some of the best value in your sports betting experience, as you can avail yourself of reduced juice, which helps you avoid laying the customary -110 in the NFL odds. Also, keep in mind that there are a lot of ways to get involved opening up an account, including your Visa card, a person-to-person transfer or the virtual currency of Bitcoin. Good luck!
Click here to read our review of the Vietbet online sportsbook.