English Premier League team Tottenham Hotspur will be hosting third-tier League One side Millwall in the quarterfinals of the FA Cup at White Hart Lane in London this Sunday, March 12th. Tottenham is coming off of a 3-2 home win over Everton last Sunday while Millwall beat the MK Dons 2-1 at home on Saturday.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Tottenham as the favorites to win the game at 1/6 with Millwall 14/1 and a draw at 7/1
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall – Head to Head:
- These two clubs have met 78 times in the past with Tottenham winning 45, losing 21 and drawing the other 12. Their last meeting came in April of 1990 with Tottenham winning 1-0 away in the old Division One. Spurs also won their home fixture 3-1 that season. Millwall is winless in the last 13 encounters along with three draws and 10 losses. Millwall has just one win in the last 23 games which came in April in 1939 when they won 2-0 at home in league play. They have four draws and 18 losses to Tottenham in that stretch.
Tottenham Hotspur – A Closer Look:
Tottenham enters the game in second place in the Premier League standings, level on points with third-place Manchester City. Spurs have 56 points from 16 wins, eight draws and three defeats with 53 goals for and a shared league-low 20 against with Chelsea. They’re 10 points back of first-place Chelsea but four ahead of fourth-place Liverpool, six ahead of fifth-place Arsenal and seven points in front of sixth-place Manchester United.
However, Arsenal and Man United both have a game in hand on Spurs. Tottenham has seven wins, two draws and a loss in their past 10 league games with 24 goals scored and eight allowed. They’re unbeaten at home this season with 12 wins and two draws including a club record nine consecutive victories at White Hart Lane. They’ve scored 33 times at home and conceded just seven with eight clean sheets. On the injury front, defender Danny Rose and forward Erik Lamela are both expected to miss the game.
Tottenham beat Championship League club Aston Villa 2-0 in the third round of this year’s FA Cup at home and then edged past League Two side Wycombe Wanderers 4-3 at home in a thriller in the fourth round. They then beat Championship League side Fulham 3-0 away in the fifth round. Tottenham has appeared in nine FA Cup Finals and has won eight of them. Their last triumph and appearance was a 2-1 win over Nottingham Forest in 1990/91.
Millwall – A Closer Look:
Millwall enters the game in sixth place in the 24-team League One. They have 58 points out of a possible 105 after 35 matches with 16 wins, 10 draws and nine losses. They’ve scored 50 goals and allowed 41 against. They’re unbeaten in their last 14 league outings with eight wins and six draws while scoring 18 goals and conceding just six with nine clean sheets. Millwall is also unbeaten in their last 16 games in all competitions.
Millwall is hanging onto the last playoff position in League One by four points and is 14 points behind league-leading Sheffield United and six back of second-place Fleetwood and automatic promotion into the second-tier Championship League. Millwall has five wins, five draws and six losses away from home in league play this season with 22 goals for and 28 against. Millwall has beaten three Premier League clubs to reach the FA Cup quarterfinals this season.
They downed Bournemouth 3-0 at home in the third round, Watford 1-0 at home in the fourth round and reigning champions Leicester City 1-0 at home in the fifth round. They’ beaten Southend 1-0 and Braintree 5-2 in the first two rounds and have played all five of their FA Cup Games at home so far this campaign. Millwall has appeared in just one FA Cup Final, which was a 3-0 loss to Manchester United in 2003/04 and they reached the semifinals in 2012/13.
Tottenham Hotspur vs Millwall – Takeaway:
Tottenham has an outside chance at a double of the Premier League and FA Cup, so should be motivated for this game.
- Review the bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.