Chelsea will try to hang onto top spot in the English Premier League when they host West Bromwich Albion at Stamford Bridge in London this Sunday, December 11th. The Blues took over first place all on their own last week with a huge 3-1 win at Manchester City. Meanwhile, West Brom were 3-1 winners at home against Watford at the Hawthorns.
Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Chelsea as the favorites to win the game at 1/4 with West Brom 10/1 and a draw at 5/1.
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion – Head to Head:
- These two clubs met twice in league action last season. Chelsea won 3-2 away at the Hawthorns in August and they played to a 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge in January. Three of the last six meetings have been draws with Chelsea winning twice and West Brom once. Overall, these two sides have met 135 times in the past with Chelsea winning 58, losing 42 and drawing the other 35. Chelsea has won 22 of the past 30 meetings with just three losses and five draws.
Chelsea – A Closer Look:
Chelsea is red hot with eight straight Premier League wins under their belt while outscoring their opposition 22-2 during the streak. They also managed to shut their opponents out in the first six games of the stretch. Chelsea is out to prove that last season’s 10th-place Premier League finish was just a fluke and new manager Antonio Conte has them firing on all cylinders. The Blues are now back in top form with 34 points from 11 victories, a draw and just two defeats with 32 goals for and only 11 against. However, they’re just three points in front of Arsenal and four ahead of Liverpool and Manchester City.
Chelsea’s only loss recently in all competitions came to fellow London side West Ham United when they were beaten 2-1 away in the English League Cup back on October 26th. Their only two league defeats this campaign have been to Liverpool and Arsenal. Chelsea has six wins and a loss at home this season along with four clean sheets. Conte is expected to be without defenders John Terry and Kurt Zouma for the match with both expected to return in the next couple of weeks. Midfielder Nemanja Matic is a question mark for the game though.
West Bromwich Albion – A Closer Look:
West Brom enters the 15th round of action in decent position as they currently sit in seventh place in the 20-team league. They have 20 points on the season from five wins, five draws and four losses. They’ve managed to score 20 goals and have allowed 17 against. West Brom is 14 points behind Chelsea and 10 back of fourth place Manchester City. They’re also nine in front of Sunderland and newly-promoted Hull City and the league’s relegation zone. West Brom has earned 10 points of the 12 available to them in their past four games with three wins and a draw.
They’ve won twice away from home this season with a 1-0 win at Crystal Palace and a 2-1 triumph over reigning Premier League champions Leicester City. They’ve also managed draws at Sunderland, Stoke, and Hull while losing by one goal at Bournemouth and Liverpool. West Brom has managed to score at least a goal on six of their seven road trips. Manager Tony Pulis has a relatively healthy squad to choose from as forwards José Rondón and Saido Berahino are reportedly the only two question marks.
Chelsea vs West Bromwich Albion – Takeaway:
Chelsea needs to keep on winning if they want to remain ahead of Arsenal. A loss to West Brom and an Arsenal win over Stoke could see the Gunners tie them for first place over the weekend.
Click here to read our review of the bet365 online sportsbook.