The top two teams in the English Premier League will be facing off in an FA Cup semifinal clash at Wembley Stadium in London this Saturday, April 22nd. Fans won’t have to travel far since this is an attractive London derby with the victor meeting the winner of the Arsenal vs Manchester City semifinal which will be played the next day. The FA Cup Final will then be contested back at Wembley on May 27th. Chelsea reached the final four by beating the Premier League’s Manchester United 1-0 at home in the quarterfinals. Tottenham booked their ticket by downing League One club Millwall 6-0 at home.
Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur – bet365 Soccer Betting Line:
- bet365 currently lists Tottenham as close favorites to win the game at 13/8 with Chelsea 17/10 and a draw at 11/5
bet365 Soccer Bonuses:
- With bet365’s Euro Soccer Bonus you can earn up to 100% more on your returns if you place accumulators on the Premier League, Champions League, Bundesliga, Primera Liga or Serie A. Place a pre-match accumulator of three or more selections on the Full Time Result or Result/Both Teams To Score markets combining teams in any of these competitions, and if successful, bet365 will add the relevant bonus to your returns.
- With the Bore Draw Money Back offer even a goalless draw is never the worst result with bet365 – if you place a pre-match bet on any Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast market for any Soccer match and the game finishes 0-0, bet365 will refund your stake if the bet loses.
- With the Each-Way First Goalscorers offer you can have an Each-Way First Goalscorer bet on any match, and be safe in the knowledge that if your player scores at any time during the game we will pay you out! Each-Way bets are settled on all goalscorers at 1/3 odds for unlimited places in 90 minutes play.
Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur – Head to Head:
- The two teams have met 157 times in the past with Chelsea winning 66, losing 51 and drawing the other 40. They last met in league action on January 4th at White Hart Lane in London with Tottenham winning 2-0 in front of their own fans. They also faced off twice on November 26th with Chelsea winning 2-1 at home at Stamford Bridge. They played to a 0-0 draw at White Hart Lane last season and a 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge. Each team has two wins, two losses and two draws in the last six meetings. Tottenham has won just twice in the last 16 encounters though with seven draws and seven losses.
Chelsea – A Closer Look:
Chelsea is still on top of the Premier League with 75 points from 24 wins, three draws and five losses with 65 goals for and 27 against. The Blues have been a bit off form lately and were beaten 2-0 at Old Trafford by Manchester United last Sunday. In fact, they’ve been beaten twice in their last eight outings along with five wins and a draw while scoring 14 goals and allowing 10 against. They enter the weekend with a slim four-point lead on second-place Tottenham, Sunday’s opponents.
Other than Tottenham, Chelsea appears to have a big enough lead over third-place Liverpool and fourth-place Manchester City as they’re nine and 11 points ahead of them respectively and also have a game in hand on Liverpool. Even if Chelsea do manage to blow their lead somehow this season, they’re certain to finish in the top four and earn a spot in next season’s Champions League. As far as injuries go, Chelsea has been quite fortunate this season and goalkeeper Thibault Courtois is the only player listed as questionable.
Along with beating Middlesbrough in the quarterfinals, Chelsea also beat League One club Peterborough United 4-1 at home in the third round of the FA Cup and downed Championship League team Brentford 4-0 at home in the fourth round. They then beat Championship League side Wolverhampton 2-0 away in the fifth round. Chelsea has appeared in 11 FA Cup Finals with seven victories to their name. Their last win was in 2011/12 when they edged Liverpool 2-1.
Tottenham Hotspur – A Closer Look:
Tottenham is currently the hottest team in the Premier League have has climbed to within just four points of league-leading Chelsea. They smoked Bournemouth 4-0 at home in their last outing on the weekend. Spurs now have 71 points on the season from 21 wins, eight draws and three defeats with 68 goals for and a league-low 22 against. They have seven wins and a loss in their last eight games with 22 goals scored and six conceded. This includes seven wins in a row.
Although they’re within striking distance of league-leading Chelsea, Tottenham has to keep an eye on the rearview mirror as they’re just five points ahead of third-place Liverpool with a game in hand and sit seven points in front of fourth-place Manchester City. Fifth-place Manchester United is 11 points behind and has a game in hand on Tottenham. On the injury front, goalkeeper Michel Vorm and defender Danny Rose are questionable while midfielder Harry Winks and forward Erik Lamela are out for the season.
Along with beating Millwall in the quarterfinals, Tottenham beat Championship League club Aston Villa 2-0 in the third round of this year’s FA Cup at home and then edged past League Two side Wycombe Wanderers 4-3 at home in a thriller in the fourth round. They then beat Championship League side Fulham 3-0 away in the fifth round. Tottenham has appeared in nine FA Cup Finals and has won eight of them. Their last triumph and appearance was a 2-1 win over Nottingham Forest in 1990/91.
Chelsea vs Tottenham Hotspur – Takeaway:
- Like the other semifinal, you just need to win this game to reach the Cup Final at Wembley on May 27th. If the game ends in a draw it will go to 30 minutes of extra time. If it’s still level it will be decided by a penalty shootout.
- Our review – bet365 online sportsbook.
- NEW: bet365 Auto Cash Out Feature.
- Check out bet365 Casino Games now! There are some great new Slots and Promotions in the bet365 Casino.
- While you are at it, check out our summary of the Best Online Betting Bonuses now.